Spelt Salad with White Beans & Artichokes
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked spelt (farro), rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Combine spelt and 2 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine cooked spelt, mint, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Cover and store in the refrigerator.